Nursing Home Resident Found Unresponsive in Dining Hall - Choking Incident - Settled $300K

A resident of a Massachusetts nursing home died after a choking incident.  The resident had a history of swallowing problems and was on a "moist ground" diet.  The facility fed her a grilled cheese on which it was determined she choked.  This food was on her approved diet however plaintiffs claimed the nursing home employees failed t properly supervise this resident.  The plaintiffs were represented by Sugarman & Sugarman.  The case settled for $300K.  

Author: Web Master
Related Link:
Westlaw Number:
File Attachments:

loggedout